Convener Greg Thompson called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.
Members Present: Carol Hellen, Janine Schimmelman, Greg Thompson, Chris Von Hofwegen, Loren Van Pelt, Veronica Van Pelt, Monica Voss, and Rosanna Chambliss
Absent: Kirsten Gonzales
- Lord of Life (Maple Grove) has been contacted about holding VDC weekend(s) there in August; no specific weekend(s) have been set yet.
- The search for a rector / rectora for the August VDC weekend(s) has begun
- The search for candidates to fill the Metro Director–Elect position come May is in progress. The Director–Elect needs to be rector eligible, but they are not required to have already been a weekend rector.
- The Valentine’s Day dinner and silent auction will be held at Redeemer Lutheran in White Bear Lake on Feb. 17.
- A generous donation was received from the estate of Ron Machel.
- Estimates expenses for 2024 are $4300
- A “Get to Know” for the council members will soon be added to the website and into the monthly newsletter. Each month a council member will be featured.
- An email blast will be sent out to request prayers for the weekenders and to let everyone know there’s still room available at the weekends.
- A contract is in place for the Jan. VDC weekends at St. Stephen’s
- Additional supplies for weekends have been purchased including songbooks, crosses, candles, and other misc.
- Per the by-laws, council meeting minutes will begin being posted on the website.
MN State Council Open SD Position
- Pastor Charlie Brown is a possibility for this position.
- The State Council is planning an in-person meeting on Sat, March 2.
Next meeting: Monday, Feb. 5 at 7 pm